The Yash Raj Film`s production house turned 50 in 2020 but due to Covid-19 pandemic, the celebrations were postponed. The production house was founded by Yash Chopra in 1970.
The celebrations date will be revealed in February end or in early March. Since the cinema halls are allowed to open with 100% capacity from February 1 by Union government, the decision of celebrations has been taken.
The production house is about to give information about 5 new films that are Prithviraj, Shamshera, Jayeshbhai Jordaar, Bunty Aur Babli 2 and Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar in the YRF 50 announcement.
- The film Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar, starring Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra, was supposed to release on March 20, 2020.
- Bunty Aur Babli 2 will be the next film. It’s the sequel of the 2005 comedy hit Bunty Aur Babliand stars Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji, Siddhant Chaturvedi and Sharvari Wagh.
- Jayeshbhai Jordaar that stars Ranveer Singh is a social comedy that will also be released in 2021.
- Prithvirajthat is a historical film and stars Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, Manushi Chhillar and Sonu Sood and is directed by Dr Chandraprakesh Dwivedi.
- Shamshera that is another film starring Ranbir Kapoor, Sanjay Dutt and Vaani Kapoor will also be released in cinemas.
A source reveals, “Aditya Chopra revealing the master plan for YRF 50 has been the most awaited announcement in Bollywood. With theatres now operating at 100%, YRF will now roll out their ambitious celebration plan comprising the much anticipated slate announcement that is expected to blow people’s mind! YRF has the biggest slate in Bollywood and they are the only studio to put four new big films in shoot mode in the pandemic!”
The source further adds, “Aditya Chopra had earlier planned YRF 50 announcement to happen at the theatres and he is sticking to that plan. The production house has stood by the theatre owners by not putting any of its films on OTT and it now wants to tell audiences that YRF films are only meant to be big screen experiences. That’s why, this announcement will definitely happen in theatres and the scale of this announcement will wow everyone. A very ambitious plan has been set to motion by Adi and he is holding the cards very close to his chest. So, one can expect the announcement to surprise us all but it is certain that the slate reveal will surely stop the press!”
“Along with the massive slate, Aditya Chopra will also reveal other big ideas that will earmark how Yash Raj Films, the oldest and the biggest film production company in India, will celebrate their 50th year in business. Several announcements are expected to happen and the blueprint of all these ideas has already been approved by Adi. So, expect nothing but grand ideas,” says the source.